Thursday, January 26, 2012

Choose to Live

My word for 2012 is live. 2011 was a tough year for our family and I am ready to move on and "live". I do not want to waste time looking back and dwelling on what could/would/should have happened. I want to truly live and enjoy life, no more merely existing, no more. I often get too caught up in the day to day monotony of the must-do's, and forget to notice/acknowledge the beauty that surrounds me. I want to open my eyes and SEE all the awesomeness God has created. I want to hear the birds singing, my kids laughing, my kid's & hubby's stories. I want to feel the joy of the Lord, feel my heart leap when my hubby gets home, and feel butterflies in my stomach just thinking about him coming home. I will no longer feel inferior because I can't be a "supermom". I will no longer feel ashamed of my messy house. I want to be an available mom, for my family. So, for those of you who come to visit, do not expect to see a tidy house. I have never had one, and now I will no longer worry about it. Please do not mind the dinosaurs all over the floor, just step over them. You are more than welcome to play with all the legos on the table. You are welcome to sit on the couch as well, just scoot over the blankets and xbox controllers. There will probably be dishes in the sink, and there will always be a basket of clothes sitting on the floor, or two, or three. Do not worry, you are invited back on Saturday for a folding party! So, if you need tidy, straight, and in order, you might not want to visit. However, if you want to come "live" with us, stop on by! I will clean, straighten, & tidy when I am old and I have run out of things to do. For now, I choose to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment